Here you have an opportunity to sit down with our pharmacist who will focus solely on your medication, health & wellness needs. During this one-on-one consultation, our pharmacist will:
- Provide assessment for the patient’s health condition
- Review the patient’s medical history and current medications including OTCs,
- Vitamins, Herbal remedies etc.
- Review lab reports with patient (if available)
- Discuss medical symptoms
- Educate the patient about options for treatment
- Review prescriptions for completeness and appropriateness with respect to the drug, dosage, route and frequency of administration
- Review patient personal health information for potential drug interactions,
allergies, therapeutic duplications and any other potential problems,
Consult with patients concerning the patient’s drug history and other personal health information,
- Consult with practitioners with respect to a patient’s drug therapy
- Follow up on suspected adverse drug reactions or side effects if applicable
- Check for completeness of your immunization record
- Assess the need for a flu or booster shot (if applicable) especially patients with diabetes
- Renew/Adapt prescriptions and/or write an emergency prescription (If applicable and appropriate) Yes, you still have to see your doctor regularly (depending on their policies and your schedule) to have your prescriptions renewed and Medical conditions followed up on.